The Liu Institute for Asia and Asian Studies is pleased to offer funding for undergraduate and graduate students planning Asia-related enrichment events such as cultural events, guest speakers, and seminars/forums on campus.
Event funding from the Liu Institute is available for all current undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing, who are representing or in collaboration with established student organizations or academic units. Students applying for funding must have an endorsement from a faculty member or club advisor. Preference is given to students who are pursuing a supplementary major or minor in Asian Studies.
Students are encouraged to seek additional funding from other units on campus for which they are eligible.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Institute’s Director and Manager for Operations. Funding will be awarded based on the quality of the proposal, relevance of the activity to the mission of the Institute, and budgetary appropriateness.
The Liu Institute for Asia and Asian Studies asks that the Liu Institute's name be included in any promotional e-mails, posters, and other publications for the event. If verbal remarks are made during the event, please mention the Liu Institute for Asia and Asian Studies.
Maximum award: $1,000
Requests for funding exceeding the maximum award amount will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For events involving food or refreshments, the Liu Institute will only fund up to 50% of the cost of food.
Deadline: Proposal submissions are accepted on a rolling basis as funding remains.
Please send a 1-3 page proposal for your activity to email@example.com. The proposal should include the following:
- Title, description, and purpose
- Organizing unit (student organization and/or academic unit)
- Intended audience (faculty, students, public) and estimated attendance
- Relevance and value to the Institute
- Line-item budget with justification
- Other sources (internal and external) from which funding has been requested
A brief write-up of the event must be submitted within two weeks of the event, including the following:
- Brief description of the event/purpose of the event
- Total cost, with specific amounts from each funding source
- Attendance (and by whom)
- How the event met its objectives
- Photographs from the event
Please direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-3222.