Application Requirements: Events
Funding is available for cultural events related to Asia, such as course-related extracurricular events, as well as guest speakers and performers invited to campus.
Maximum award: $1,000
Requests for funding exceeding the maximum award amount will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Deadline: Proposal submissions for the 2017-2018 Academic Year are accepted on a rolling basis until funding runs out. Proposals for AY 2016 may be considered.
- Title, description, and purpose
- Intended audience (faculty, students, public) and estimated attendance
- Relevance and value to the Institute
- Line-item budget with justification
- Other sources (internal and external) from which funding has been requested
A brief write-up of the event must be submitted within two weeks of the event, including the following:
- Brief description of the event/purpose of the event
- Total cost, with specific amounts from each funding source
- Attendance (and by whom)
- How the event met its objectives
- What could be done to improve the event in the future