Strategic Plan 2019-2023
The Liu Institute for Asia and Asian Studies is dedicated to education and research about Asia and Asian studies. We approach Asia in a distinctive manner that reflects the mission of the University of Notre Dame—integrating social engagement with collaborative, intellectual inquiry, and spiritual respect and awareness. As one of the founding institutes of the Keough School of Global Affairs, the Liu Institute is expanding its reach within the Notre Dame community and the world.
Our Five Goals Seek To:
1. Build a sizable, interconnected community of Asia scholars at Notre Dame.
2. Develop flagship projects aimed at shaping a unique and recognizable model of integrated teaching, research, and social engagement about Asia.
3. Promote teaching about Asia at all levels, especially within the programs of the Keough School of Global Affairs; and to support student research and language learning in Asia.
4. Organize a full range of public events aimed at enhancing awareness, knowledge, and understanding of Asia.
5. Assist the University in establishing meaningful links with universities and other relevant organizations in Asia.
Strategic Plan (PDF)